BlockRe helps companies reduce their exposure to cryptoasset-related risk by combining proven industry experience of veteran security, insurance, blockchain, investigations, financial services, and audit experts.
Specialized for infrastructure providers, institutions, family offices, and investors, our unique combination of expertise enables a dedicated cryptoasset insurance offering and related risk mitigation services through partnerships with top insurers .
BlockRe has some of the leading experts on cryptoasset risk mitigation, blockchain, security, and insurance in the world including:
- The first dedicated blockchain hire at two major global banks, who built the blockchain team for one of the world’s largest custodians, and is a recognized enterprise blockchain leader
- A founder of the blockchain practice for a boutique consulting firm who has previously built numerous companies, including SAAS and insurance companies, and is experienced in coordinating global strategic initiatives for industry consortia and multi-company initiatives relating to growth and technology management
- The former Chief Insurance Officer for a leading insurtech company with 25+ years at AIG, including numerous senior executive roles and as Head of New Products, who led development of multiple insurance products including Y2K, (Entity Cover) D&O, Reputation, Cyber, Collectible Authenticity, and IP Collatera; writer of the first cryptocurrency insurance policy in the world
Our advisors have expertise across the fields of insurance, finance, security, and cryptoassets and include:
- A former Global CIO for a Bulge Bracket bank
- The former head of blockchain for one of the largest commodities exchanges
- A UCSD security professor
- A 30+ year insurance veteran who has built, launched, and run insurance companies
- One of the leading experts on cryptocurrency/blockchain regulatory issues
- A former GC for an insurance company
- A former head of regulatory and government affairs for one of the largest blockchain companies in the world
- A former EVP and producer at one of the worlds largest insurance brokers in the world, who has experience developing novel cryptocurrency insurance solutions, including one of the first cryptocurrency insurance policies
- The first Global Head of Blockchain for an international security consulting practice, who started an Intelligence & Investigations group for a Big 4 consulting firm, and is a leading expert in dispute resolution for UHNW individuals and companies